Exploring the new partnership between AI and human creativity


As technology continues to develop, I am witnessing how artificial intelligence (AI) as a tool, is changing how we generate, curate, and optimise the content we use on websites, social media platforms, and in our day-to-day working lives. AI is opening up new possibilities and opportunities for businesses, marketers, and content creators. Is this a good thing or is it just a bit lazy? Let's take a look. 


In all honesty, I have only been delving into the world of AI for a few months and trying to understand where it sits in my business (and with me.) I've listed some main areas, but I am acutely aware there are many more. 


Social media


Social media is a crucial component of marketing and staying active and relevant on the various platforms is essential. Staying on top of content ideas, and coming up with catchy captions, hashtags, and content ideas can be challenging. AI tools are assisting many content creators and marketers by analysing a brand's tone, voice, and target audience to generate engaging social media posts to share with their followers. 


Blog posts


Yes, we know that video is king, however, blogging is still a powerful content marketing strategy to establish authority, provide value to your audience, and drive traffic to your website. But consistently coming up with fresh and engaging blog post ideas can be daunting. The power of AI can create relevant topic ideas for your audience, write posts in your tone of voice and also add in some good old-fashioned search engine optimisation (SEO) for fun! 



SEO


I just touched on the subject of SEO and AI can certainly help content creators here as well. SEO is another fundamental aspect of digital marketing, and having optimised website content is crucial for ranking higher in search results. Yep, you've guessed it, AI tools can help you. Here's how. They can identify relevant keywords, analyse your competitor's content, and optimise your website copy to improve your SEO generally. The main aim for any marketer is to ensure the website is search engine-friendly and attracts organic traffic, gaining higher visibility and increased conversions. 


Time-saving


Blog posts, long-form copy, emails, social posts and calendars, website copy, and the list goes on. Content creation is time-consuming and resource-intensive. Businesses need to commit to having a plan for their content and also the resource to create and execute that plan. AI has the capability to save time on these tasks by using automation to generate ideas, analyse data and optimise content. This could encourage businesses to shift the marketing team's time to focus on other strategic initiatives, such as crafting creative campaigns, analysing performance metrics, and building relationships with their audience.


I am just exploring the benefits and limitations of using AI as a marketing professional. Is it my friend or foe? There is no getting away from the fact that it is and will continue to be a part of marketing and content creation. I can't say that I enjoy the 'blank page panic' when I sit down to write some copy, however, I definitely feel accomplishment when I have worked through my ideas and created the content afterward. Maintaining creative thinking and not relying on a computer program to come up with my thoughts is top of my list, but also allowing AI to assist me in making my work as sharp as it can be, is not to be discounted. 


Tell me about your experiences with AI. Do you use it, are you afraid of it? What is your AI tool of choice? Pop a comment below and let's discuss. 


Until next time. 


Ally 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig